2023 Labor Day Safari
Saturday, September 2 - Monday, September 4, 2023
If you like to 4-wheel in Moab, a little cooler weather and smaller crowds, then this event offers the things you enjoy. The "Stay Together, Play Together" Labor Day Safari has a little bit of everything and some things the Easter Jeep Safari doesn’t offer because of its size. Trails are limited to 25 vehicles, making them smaller and the entire event is limited to 150 vehicles.
The event is based at the Moab Rim Campark located at 1900 South Highway 191. This full service campground is at the top of the hill as you leave Moab to the South, and is just a short trip to downtown Moab. It has all of the amenities, including water, showers, picnic tables, trees, grass and no mosquitoes. The entire campground has been reserved for the event, but limited RV and tent spaces are available. But, if you aren’t a camping-type person you can enjoy the great selection of motels that Moab offers. when you call, so be sure to register online at rr4w.com first, there are no discounts for cabins. Sorry, once the campground is full you will need to make your camping reservations in one of the other fine RV parks in the area at your own expense, see the rr4w.com INFO tab for RV park websites.
- A hot breakfast served on Saturday & Sunday and a continental breakfast on Monday cooked up by the Masons. Starts at 7:00AM Ends 8:30AM. A delicious dinner served Saturday evening at 5:00PM (Bring your chairs and own beverages.) Please note that our meals are not planned allergy or diet restrictions in mind.
- Drawing: You will receive a drawing ticket at check-in. The drawing will take place during/after dinner on Saturday night.
- An Ice Cream Social Sunday night sponsored by iDeal Off -Road and RockHard 4X4, time to be announced.
- You’ll enjoy sharing stories with other jeepers, the family friendly atmosphere, and more than likely make some great new friends.
- Daily trail runs led by fun and knowledgeable Red Rock 4-Wheelers. Registration for the event will open online on June 7th, 2023 at 10AM MST. Be sure to let us know: a) how many kids and adults in your party and b) how many breakfasts (for 3 days) & dinner tickets you will need on the checkout page before you click the pay now button when registering on the website.
- Check in at the campground or your motel.
- Pick up your registration packet, meal tickets, drawing tickets, etc. at Check in at the Moab Rim Campark during these times: • Friday, Sept 1st, 3:00 – 7:30PM • Saturday, Sept 2nd, 7:30AM – to trail departure at 9:00AM & 3:00 – 5:00PM • Sunday, Sept 3rd, 7:30AM – to trail departure at 9:00AM.
The following trails are scheduled to be run based on registrations and are subject to change.
The schedule has been developed with family fun, scenery and short trail days in mind. Each day has a moderate, medium and challenging trail, but not necessarily vehicle damaging trail schedules.
The “First Timers”, two day package offers the same Officials on both Saturday & Sunday and you’ll be running with the same participants both days. This is a very popular package for 4-wheelers new to Moab. (Please note, you can still register for another trail on Monday, if you register for the “First Timers” package). First Timers Package Saturday, September 2nd Sunday, September 3rd 2023
All trails depart at 9:00AM on Labor Day Trail lineup-same as Easter Jeep Safari See page 30 & 31 in Safari magazine Saturday, September 2nd 7-Mile Rim, rated 4 (CB 25) Backwards Bill, rated 5 (CB 3) Cameo Cli s, rate 3 (CB 32) Gold Bar Rim, rated 6 (CB 5) Hell’s Revenge, rated 6 (CB 12) Metal Masher, rated 7 (CB 21) Steel Bender, rated 6 (CB 6) Sunday, September 3rd 3D, rated 4 (CB 23) Behind the Rocks Tip Toe, rated 5 (CB 34) Fins & ings, rated 4 (CB 1) Flat Iron Mesa, rated 6 (CB 17) Jax Trax, rated 5 (CB 36) Moab Rim, rated 7 (CB 2) Wipe Out, rated 5 (16) Monday, September 4th Copper Ridge, rated 4 (CB 13) Dome Plateau, rated 4 (CB 14) Fins & ings, rated 4 (CB 1) Hellroaring Rim, rated 3 (CB 28) Hell’s Revenge, rated 6 (CB 12) Poison Spider, rated 6 (CB 11) Porcupine Rim, rated 5 (CB 18) First Timers Package Saturday, September 2nd Hellroaring Rim, rated 3 (CB 28) Sunday, September 3rd Dome Plateau, rated 4 (CB 14)